TravelShelf respects your privacy and recognizes the need to protect the personally identifiable information (any information by which you can be identified, such as name, address, and telephone number) you share with us. We would like to assure you that we follow appropriate standards when it comes to protecting your privacy on our websites.
In general, you can visit TravelShelf website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. We track the Internet address of the domains from which people visit us and analyse this data for trends and statistics, but the individual user remains anonymous.
Some of our web pages use "cookies" so that we can better serve you with customized information when you return to our site. Cookies are identifiers which web sites send to the browser on your computer to facilitate your next visit to our site. You can set your browser to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the option to decide whether to accept it. The information we collect and analyse is used to improve our service to you.
With specific reference to store, plan and book trips, TravelShelf collects the following personal sensitive information from you:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Instagram Account Basic Info and Media.
- Credit Card Details
TravelShelf does not sell or trade upon any of the above foregoing information without the consent of the user or customer. The foregoing information collected from the users/customers/travellers is put to the following use:
- Customer name, address, phone number, traveller's name and age are shared with applicable service providers like the airlines, hotels, etc., for the purpose of reservation and booking the services for the customer/traveller.
- Information like Credit Card Details and Net Banking Details are usually collected directly by the payment gateways and banks and not by TravelShelf, but if ever stored or retained by us, remain internal and is never shared, except that they may be shared with third party private/government security agencies to screen for fraudulent activities. These details are also shared with certain third parties only for the purpose of processing 'Cash Back & Discounts' and Charge Backs, if applicable.
- Information like Mobile no, e-mail address and postal address may be used for promotional purposes, unless the customer/user "opts-out" of such use. If you choose not to share this information, you can still visit the TravelShelf website, but you may be unable to access certain options, offers and services.
- Information from Instagram and Photos from phone storage are used to improve your user experience and creating trips on our platform.
TravelShelf takes appropriate steps to protect the information you share with us. We have implemented technology and security features and strict policy guidelines to safeguard the privacy of your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access and improper use or disclosure.
TravelShelf will continue to enhance its security procedures as new technology becomes available, and ensures that its security procedures are compliant with current applicable regulations.
Android App Permissions required to use various features in our app:
In order to have a better experience and to use all features in the app, we need below permissions to be used in our android app:
- Account Identity & Contacts:
We use it to enable you to do login using instagram account.
We also pre-fill your information by showing auto-suggestion so that you type less.
It also enables to do social sharing of the app with your friends by inviting them to download the app using your unique referral link. By doing this we map user's email id with the device and provide rewards on successful referral. We will store this information in the servers so as to run refer & earn program and map all user’s interactions.
- Device & App history:
We need your device permission to get information about your device, like OS (operating system) name, OS version, mobile network, hardware model, unique device identifier etc. We also need it to detect critical crashes and recover the app state.
To provide location specific functionality like geo tagging your photos.
We need send and receive SMS permission, so as to read your SMS and auto- populate One Time password received on your mobile number for authentication of payments while making a transaction.
This permission enables us to put your booking details in your calendar.
We require access to make phone calls through app. You can call us or airlines, hotels etc directly through the app.
We allow you to install our app on your SD card and save your device memory. This permission is also required by the Google Maps service, to cache map data in hotels. This permission is also required to access photos to create your itinerary.
By using this permission, we allow you to install our app on your SD card and save your phone device memory.
- Wi-Fi Connection Information
By using Wi-Fi connection details, we provide you a seamless experience depending upon your network such as image loading process. We try to use this information to optimise the app's performance on slow networks.
- Device Id & Call Information
This permission is used to detect your Android ID using which we uniquely identify every user and map user related activities. Using your details using which we pre-populate your email id to ensure a seamless experience.
- Prevent Phone From Sleeping
We use this so as to keep your device awake while we perform any operation to get data from servers. This ensures to have a smoother experience as device does not get locked automatically.
Thank you for using TravelShelf!